Saturday, July 31, 2010

Something There?

I just couldn't say goodbye to PreLawGuy. I think maybe I am expecting too much of myself and him. He is in D.C. right now taking some class to launch law school which starts for him in a couple of weeks. I was thinking maybe that I don't feel anything for him and I should end things, but I've missed him while he is away and that is something.

Do I believe in love at first sight? Yes, I guess I do, because I've felt something like that before, but maybe every love story is different. I don't feel at all like I am in love with PreLawGuy, but I really like him. What do I like about him?

I like that he uses interesting words that stick in my memory. I like that he is a wealth of interesting information (for example, I learned from him that if I were to be marooned on a desert island, then I could legally consume my fellow stranded friends if we agreed to cast lots). I like that he picks up on my subtle communication (conversely, I hate it when I have to spell things out for guys). I like that he always text messages and calls me and makes decisive plans instead of expecting me to help him figure everything out. I like that he is ambitious in his career and education. Most of all, I like his heart.

I can't explain it, but there is something in people that is either a good and generous and genuine heart or there are people who look out for themselves. I get the impression from PreLawGuy that he has a good heart.

I don't know if anything will ever come of my relationship with PreLawGuy. I know that I see potential and I am not ready to end things yet.

1 comment:

Teacha said...

mmmm, just from reading your writing, I like prelaw guy, too! Glad you're giving him a change. Love grows, it really does and it doesn't always mean fireworks and explosions.