Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It Is So HOT--Not In a Good Way

My roommate is half-Indonesian. She always says her Indonesian blood makes her love the hot weather the rest of us hate. She came in today and said, "You know, it's a little hot for my liking."

"It's a little hot for Satan's liking," I told her, "He's going to have to vacation in Hell to cool off a little."

If you have never experienced a summer in the Sonoran desert, you can't imagine what it is like. I will share a few details to give you a rough idea.

*Every year, my rear view mirror melts off of my windshield.
*If you go outside, even in the middle of the night, you need flip flops because the sidewalk will still burn your feet.
*If you were to swim midday, and get out of the pool to walk over to the other side, not only would all the water dry off of you, but you would burn your feet.
*The steering wheel gets so hot that I have learned to drive using only my fingertips.
*Recess is regularly cancelled during the first month of school due to excessve heat warnings.
*It is so hot that the wind actually feels worse because it stings when it hits your face.

Summer is almost over and we're going back to school, but summer is far from over.

No comments: