Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Queen

You know, I don't consider myself a romantic. Actually, when I was a little girl, I was more apt to think about what job I would have than to imagine being a bride. Grant you I probably imagined that my job would be being a queen, but definitely the Queen Elizabeth kind of queen who didn't answer to a king.

One of my best friends is going through the divorce process right now. Her biggest complaint is that her husband doesn't view her as an equal partner. I think when I was younger I wouldn't have noticed if a boy didn't feel I was his equal or thought he was in charge of me. Now, I know I need someone who believes that.

On the other hand, I don't want to be the queen of the house either. I really want a partnership. I liked TeacherGuy the other night, but I felt like I was holding back around him. It was a first date, but my persona is that I am confident and secure. I need someone who is also that way or I am afraid I will lose that part of myself.

No comments: