Friday, July 16, 2010

Can I Date a Teacher?

One of my new friends from the internet wants me to go out with him this weekend. A first date is no big deal and he seems very nice, but it makes me consider if I would ever consider seriously dating a teacher.

Obviously if I did date a teacher there would be some good things. He would actually know that it is hard and I am not just being a dramatic girl. We'd have things in common (like we both make super small paychecks despite having a collection of degrees).

I think, though, that it could be just one more thing that makes it hard for me to forget about my job and have a life sometimes.

3 comments:

Clix said...

Granted, we're not both classroom teachers, but my husband and I work in the same district. It is SOOO nice to have the exact same schedule!

And while there would be a tendency to talk shop, at least at the beginning, that fades. One thing I'd keep an eye out for is his (and your) other interests. My husband and I both love games and have similar taste in stories, so we always have other things to talk about besides school.

luckeyfrog said...

I don't think it would be a bad thing.

I need to vent about school a ton and sometimes when I'm telling my fiance every detail of my day, he gets a little sick of hearing about the kids. This guy probably gets that!

Also, I think you'd know for sure that he respects your profession and you probably have some of the same priorities and ideals if you're both in the world of education.

Worth a shot!

Amanda said...

Dont count him out just because hes a teacher. What if he could turn out to be the love of your life?