Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Book Fantasy--Yes I Know That Sounds Twisted

All I want to do right now is lock myself in a room full of books I haven't read and read them all. I want to read them all at once and have each book open to various places. I want to switch books and keep reading until I finish them all.

Yeah. That's pretty much the opposite of what I need to do to grow as a person. I just feel like all of my thoughts are floating aimlessly around my head and I need to do a wide variety of reading to anchor them. It's like I need a mental massage.

I just think that in life we do so much "small talk" which is a healthy social activity. We do so much work which is a healthy outlet. Very little reaches the deep thinking parts of our minds. If I don't do some serious reading, my mind is lonely in its own way.

No comments: