Sunday, October 18, 2009

Top 5 Real Life Moments from Parent Teacher Conferences

I started prepping today for Parent-Teacher Conferences. I haven't had a lot of contact with most of my parents this year because most of my kids are doing well. One thing I know, though, is you never know what you're going to get at parent conferences. Below are some real life quotes and experiences from past Parent-Teacher Conferences. I tell you; they just don't teach you how to deal with these things during college!


5.) Two parents start arguing about the way they are raising their child during conference. Mom looks at me, "you need to tell my husband to back off."
4.) Parent who speaks no English at all shows up alone and does not say one word for the entire 20 minute conference--not one word.
3.) A younger sibling writes with permanent marker all the way down my whiteboard while I am talking to parents and my student.
2.) "I think my child is being controlled by Satan, I really do," says Mom.
1.) "All the little boys want to be in your class and I can see why," says single dad during conferences.

Who knows what is in store during this year's conference extravaganza!!! Ha ha ha ha some of these things still make me laugh. So, awkward: when someone says something like the above comments.

1 comment:

luckeyfrog said...

In student teaching I was in a conference where one parent was wanting us to tell the dad that their son would do better if he was more involved in his son's life.

Uhm, sorry, we're not here to get into that.