Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Am Not Good at Being Home All Day

I've always been like this. I can't stand the thought of missing class. When I was a student, I would try so hard to hide being sick from my mom because I couldn't stand staying home. I still feel that way.

The first thing I did this morning was make a list in my head of all the things I forgot to prepare.
1.) I forgot to change my handwriting lesson, so the sub wouldn't have to start cursive for the first time.
2.) I forgot to warn my sub that I have a student who speaks no English.
3.) I forgot to bring home my gradebook, so I'll be ready to send weekly progress reports tomorrow.

The second thing I did was play the budget game using online banking.
1.) I was crunching numbers to see how much I need to save to pay my upcoming bill. Looks like I will make it without a loan.
2.) I was crunching numbers for all of my upcoming bills. It will be really hard!
3.) I was crunching numbers for how much all this earns me in about a year when I am done. It is not that much, but it will feel that way when I stop paying huge tuition bills and start getting a little bit more.

The third thing I did was to check my e-mail. I want to answer a bunch of e-mails I haven't gotten to, but it seems like bad form as I am out sick...

No comments: