Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm Sorry

I wanted to write about something else, but I can't think of anything right now but the teacher I mentioned in my post about feeling guilty. All I feel comfortable saying about that situation is that things are getting worse for her and she's crying all the time. Kindness would go a long way.

I love teachers. It takes a lot out of you. It takes courage and persistence. I really look up to my colleagues--the ones at my school and in other places. I think everyone has bad days in teaching, though. I wish we would all remember that when someone has a hard time. We're on the same team.

What if, as colleagues, we made the extra effort to encourage when we were tempted to gossip? What if, as colleagues, we made the extra effort to empathize instead of brag?

I know, I know... I am talking about teachers--not saints. I just hate, hate, hate, hate seeing someone get torn apart in teaching. I have said it before and I'll say it again: It is a hard enough job; let's support each other!!!

I'm sorry, Ms. SpecialEd, that as a whole people haven't been kinder to you.

No comments: