Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ghost Story

I was in the library today when one of the parents was buying books from the librarian with her child. The little girl bought one book that was a Horror book. The mom said, "I'm gonna have to read that before you read it... because I can see ghosts. Ever since I was a little girl, I've had the gift. It's the Native American blood. Whenever I can't see them, I can sense them."

I was kind of standing in the background during this little exchange. The parent was addressing Marion, the librarian. At this point Marion looks at her and says, "Are there any here?"

Of course, this joke was lost on the parent. She said something to the effect that although she hadn't seen any she always checked. She then went on to say she had predicted September 11 in 1981.

No comments: