Saturday, April 3, 2010

Oh the Punishment

Well, it is starting to get hot around here and soon it will be so hot that going outside will be chore. My grandmother, the other day was singing her own variation of Going to See the King.

Soon and Very Soon
It Is Going to Get Real Hot
Soon and Very Soon
It Is Going to Get Real Hot


I informed her that her song was really the opposite of a hymn. She is right, though, the nasty desert weather is coming soon and very soon. For that reason I decided to go on a hike with friends today. The view was beautiful, but it was yet another blunt reminder that skinny does not mean in shape.

Clearly, I haven't transferred my new healthy goal to diet. I need to go make a Peeps cake. No that is not something that you serve at a bachelor party or something someone jumps out of. Neither is it a cake for my peeps. It is a creative arrangement of Peeps candy. My family insists that I bring a dish for Easter. All the stay at home wives girls in my family are bringing homemade dishes, and I am bringing my Peeps cake. Does that say something bad about me???

No comments: