Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Displaced

Displaced

It doesn't feel as bad as it sounds. During my journey as a teacher,I've built up an immunity to unpleasant surprises. Besides, I wasn't that surprised.

Miss Kindergarten, my friend who teaches kindergarten, came to tell BFF Team that she was displaced. She knew that one other third year teacher was displaced, and she was worried it was me or the other third year teacher on BFF team. Anyway, everyone was trying to figure out who the other displaced teacher was, and Captain was walking around the school looking for me. Finally, he called my cell phone and asked if I was still in the building and if I could come to his office.

I walked into his office and said, "Are you telling me that I am displaced?" I don't like to beat around the bush.

He put his head on his desk and said, "I didn't think Miss Kindergarten was going to come talk to you. I'm sorry."

The thing that makes me kind of sad is that it doesn't affect me that much. Last year, I could barely handle all the unpleasantness of changing gradelevels. This year, I don't like it, but I am largely unaffected.

I guess becoming like this is the only way to survive in this field, but I know my heart is a little less in the game every time. I can't care that much because I need to protect myself.

No comments: