Sunday, April 11, 2010

friends

I stayed up too late last night talking to my two best friends. We were talking about life and love and careers. The three of us have been friends since we were thirteen and I can hardly remember my life before we were friends. We've been there for eachother through all the mile markers of growing up, and here we are as adults.

None of the three of us have been very lucky in love. Two of us are solidly single and the third one is unhappily married. We've all have jobs that make you tired and take a lot out of you. We have all had great blessings and tragedies in our families. I think we forget, though, how lucky we are to have friends like eachother.

These are friends that tell me the truth even if it is hard for me to hear. I don't have any sisters, but these two have always been like sisters to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i do have a sister and she has been invaluable to me. but, she lives hundreds of miles away. my best friend and i worked together during our final years of college, started teaching careers at the same time, were married within a year of each other and will most likely be divorced within a year of each other (her papers came last week and my marriage is in serious trouble). she is thinking of moving away next fall. it is very scary to think of what life will be like if she is not a short drive away. isn't it amazing how one or two people can be so important in our lives?!