Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I've Got to Admit It's Getting Better

Day two felt a lot better than day one. I still might get a lump in my throat if I go over to the fifth grade pod, but I am liking where I am. I've always been pretty resilient and that quality seems to be administering its placating effect to my sore heart.

I actually am in a better place than I was last year. The dark cloud on the horizon of my teaching is gone. I feel a lot freer to believe in myself with the principal gone. I feel a lot freer to reflect on both the positive and negative of last year's experience and to bring the lessons that I learned to another class.

I think it will be a long road to ever trusting another administrator again, but I have a good feeling about the v.p. for some reason. She strikes me as humble and sincere which is a rare quality in administrators. We'll see, but at least there is no relationship with the administration right now which is one hundred times better than the dysfunctional one of last year.

For now, I am taking one day at a time. I'll write about this year's journey as it plays itself out. I pray it will be a smoother path than last year, but already I am starting to see that last year might make me better at teaching and better at life because it happened.

No comments: