Monday, March 28, 2011

They Say That I'm a Dreamer

"They say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."

Did anyone else find that line in Dinner for Schmucks hilarious? I did.

Anyway, I really am a dreamer. I have really vivid dreams every single night. Sometimes I can remember two or three. Only very recently, am I beginning to realize that not everyone is like this. I don't know if something is wrong with my sleep cycle or I spend a lot of time stressed, but sometimes I wish I could not have dreams.

Last night I was having a pleasant dream. I was coming home from traveling Europe with my mom and we were going through the local airport with all of our luggage. It was all very pleasant. Then I thought, "How can I just be in the airport with my mom when we went to Europe four years ago?" I realized it was a dream.

Then bad things started to happen, and we had to fight off people until I woke myself up. All day this dream bugged me because I am very present in all of my dreams. I think it is hard to explain to someone who doesn't remember dreams, but sometimes I don't like that I have a whole crazy subconscious life every night.

No comments: