Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Marathon Day 4

Today was better. It felt good to finish the bulk of my conferences. It feels good that tomorrow I am going home after school and it will be break. My work stress is fizzling out, and a break, a much needed break is coming.

I am feeling better about the loss too. I'm still sad, and I worry about my family, but it's not so painful as it was earlier this week. Now, I feel more for my family who is closer to him and whose grief will be hard and long lasting.

My life feels a little more normal and so do I.

You know, I prayed that God would take it easy on me today and He did. I felt better. It's good because tomorrow is my birthday. I will be tired, but at least I won't be exhausted and sad.

Today one of my students brought me a present. It was a potted flower. His card said, "I wanted to get you Suns tickets, but my mom said 'no'," it was very sweet.

One more day of this marathon. One more day...

No comments: