Monday, March 28, 2011

Irony

I have this set of parents that excuse their child's behavior. They are the worst I have ever seen in that regard. Today, she brought a note home back and said, "My mom said these don't matter and she doesn't care." Lovely.

I informed her mom and she explained to me how all the things her daughter does are typical behaviors for this age.

She is an excellent defense attorney for her daughter. The irony is that I predict if she doesn't quit being her daughter's lawyer and start being a parent, then she will one day have to pay for a defense attorney to represent her daughter.

1 comment:

luckeyfrog said...

These parents frustrate me, too. They don't realize that they're making things worse by defending their child. No one's child is perfect, and even developmentally appropriate behaviors aren't necessarily appropriate for school.