Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mascara Break Resumed

Sunday is my family day. It is church day, too--when I go, but every Sunday my family, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle and two cousins who live in town go to lunch or at least eat together.

You know, I have been feeling better, but they say grief comes in waves. I didn't get to go to the funeral because it was in Dallas, but most of my family did. They returned to town today and we had our usual lunch. Somehow, when I see the loss written all over their faces it gets a little more real.

We have all been planning a family reunion this summer. I hadn't thought about B being missing. At our last family reunion, he and I invented crazy songs that rhymed about everyone else.

My Granddad said that hopefully this family trip will be a healing time for everyone, but I hadn't thought of how hard it would be until today. I guess I haven't even seen as much of my family as I usually do because they were at the funeral and I've been working non-stop. So, I've been back to wearing mascara and going about business as usual. There's going to be a few more hard days, though. There just is.

No comments: