Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day

I am writing this post as I drift in and out of consciousness, so you'll have to excuse me if it doesn't make a lot of sense. My first day went pretty smoothly, but I am tired. Last year, I had my class running exactly the way I wanted it. It is hard to start from scratch! Plus, I saw so many of my old students. I really felt like rounding them up and taking them to my room. I will bond with my new class and I am confident I will get them trained to act the way I expect. It is just hard at the beginning.

In other news, I got desks this year (as opposed to the tables I had last year). So far, I love having desks. It has really cut down on the movement in the room during work time. Some teachers are so organized they never have problems with kids roaming and forgetting supplies. I always had that problem with tables, but with desks they can store important supplies at their seats.


1 comment:

luckeyfrog said...

I'd love to hear what you 'plan' for the first day. How do you start things off?