Monday, January 4, 2010

Soooo Worth It

In the interest of updates, my student is out of surgery and in the pediatric ICU. Mom says they are in the danger zone for the next 4-5 days due to the risk of hemmoraging or stroke, but very grateful the surgery is done now.

I told you about my organizing frenzy over the weekend. Well, it continued well through the day today. I skipped Math and Writing in favor of organizing and reviewing rules and procedures.

I felt a twinge of guilt at the thought of throwing about 120 instructional minutes away, but I know the future time and frustration all this saves. We have to start on the right foot. Despite my guilt, I feel like I probably accomplished more today than I would have by sticking to curricular targets religiously. It was sooooo worth it.

No comments: