Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Math Lab

Yes, I know that the term "Math Lab" sounds too close to the word "Meth Lab" to be useful in describing an instructional technique--or maybe I have just been watching too many reruns of cops. Bear with me, though, because setting up work stations in Math for the second half hour of Math everyday since Christmas Break is working really well for me.

We have been covering elapsed time story problems, telling time to the minute, and time related vocabulary over the past two weeks and one of the members of BFF team set up 7 time stations for each third grade classroom. It has been awesome! I have been able to turn the mass of kids over to station time (to do stations that were made for me and are really well done) while all the little ones who "don't get it." Have been able to be taught in very small groups.

No comments: