Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Surprises

I got another "present" today. I walked into the office and the whole office staff as well as various teachers greeted me saying, "Ms. Understood, go get your present out of your mailbox. We're all waiting to see what it is!"

I first pulled out a letter. It was written by me (or I should say the person who forged my identity). It read as follows:

Dear Fabulous Secretary,

I would like to volunteer to baby-sit for every PTO event being held at the school for the rest of the year AT NO CHARGE. Just send all those cute little guys to my room right after school on meeting days. I have all the dates marked off on my calendar already- no need to send a reminder notice to me. I just love all those little kids so much.

Thanks, Ms. Understood

"I'll take that!" said the secretary.

Next I found various bowling paraphanelia along with some bumper sticker which said the following:

DATE ME I BOWL

THIS IS HOW I ROLL

GOT BALLS?

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A BOWLING PROBLEM

I'D RATHER BE BOWLING

KCUF WORK LET'S GO BOWLING

At the bottom of the bag, was a subscription coupon for Playgirl and a Vodka coupon. I thought that was the end of my surprises until I returned to my classroom. What was on my desk? "Love Cuffs." 'Nough Said.

In all seriousness, I haven't laughed so hard at work in a long time. It really takes a good friend to orchestrate all of this and I have been having a great time with it. Really. I have no doubt, I will be thoroughly embarassed tomorrow, but this has been a lot of fun!

No comments: