Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lost Day!!!

If you are not a LOST fan, please enjoy the video below in place of my post because I am going to go on and on the way only someone way too into that show would!


Final Season Of 'Lost' Promises To Make Fans More Annoying Than Ever

I felt that I should have the day off of work due to a family emergency. After all, my friends have been lost on an island and quite possibly blown up by an atomic bomb for months now! Unfortunately, the LOST season premier does not actually qualify as a family emergency. So, I decided to think about which of my students could be similar to LOST characters.

Sun and Jin: This one was easy because I have a non-English speaking student in my class! She would have to qualify as both.
Shannon: I know she died in LOST (well maybe), but I have the perfect Shannon in my class. She is very used to getting her way. She even looks a little like this character.
Sayid: I definitely have a Junior Engineer kid that would make an excellent Sayid.
Jack: I definitely have a little boy who is a great leader--like Jack.
Sawyer: This would be my little rebel!

Anyway, my class learned a lot today.

Math: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Science: Polar Bears reside primarily on tropical islands
Social Studies: Pockets of energy tend to move islands around
Reading: We read up on philosophy of John Locke
Writing: We wrote to a prompt (What is the black smoke monster?)

1 comment:

Literacy Teacher said...

This is hilarious. I loved your lessons. Thanks for the laugh from one Lostie fan to another!