Monday, June 7, 2010

I Didn't Suck... For Two Hours Anyway

I got crowned today. It wasn't nearly as much fun as getting crowned in checkers, but it wasn't painful at least.

I had to rush to the dentist straight away from graduate school because my class ended at 12:30pm and my appointment at the dentist was at 1:00pm. It actually didn't hurt when they drilled my tooth or put on a temporary crown, but then again, my mouth was totally numb.

After the procedure, I had pretty sore gums and some pain. I didn't feel like chewing, but I needed to eat because I skipped lunch due to my tight schedule. I still had two gift certificates to Jamba Juice left over that I got as gifts on the last day of school (on a side note, those would be gone already if they were to Starbucks). I decided a cold smoothie sounded like a good idea.

I got my smoothie and as eagerly as gingerly put the straw in my mouth. Nothing happened! All that stuff they shot me up with left me with no function on the left side of my lips. Apparently those muscles are necessary for using a straw. I had to laugh at my pathetic self in Jamba Juice, but I also had to rush home. In this part of the country, a five minute car ride could definately spell a completely melted smoothie. I made it though!

Now, I've got to get on that homework!

No comments: