Friday, April 1, 2011

The Spirit Is Willing But

the flesh is weak.

I have so much to blog about floating around in my head,

BUT state testing is in one more week,

AND it is an uphill battle.


When I got home last night at 7:30 (hooray for night events at the school), my new roommate was dejected and down. She is in nursing school and one of her professors had been particularly rough on her.

I do know something about what it is like to have a supervisor be really rough on you when you are still new and learning something. After all, Principal Sadie (the former principal of my school) was about as rough on me as possible during my second year of teaching.

It made me question what I was doing. It got me pretty close to quiting.

As I was talking to her, I began to articulate what I did take away from that whole experience. I learned to deal better with criticism. Captain Principal was telling me how he sees me as much more confident when dealing with parents. Ironically, I am more confident in dealing with criticism because I've dealt with it before and I've proven it wrong before. So, my advice for newbies being torn down is to prove them wrong. You can't do it in ten minutes. You might have to wear a scarlet letter for a while. In the end, you will be the better for it.


No comments: